Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Boo!




I am a huge scary movie gal! I have been noticing that the scary movies out in the 20th century are just not scary at all! Although the Saw movies were not scary, I did enjoy them alot so I will count those as the best in 2000 so far. What has happened to the edge in scariness? Seems like every movie out is completely predictable. Some of my favorites from the past are:
Thirteen Ghost
Rosemary's Baby
The Shinning
Seven
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Exorcist
Jaws
The Others
Hellraiser
The Omen
and of course Psycho :)

I do go and see most of the ones that come out in anticipation and hope that I will once again have that tight feeling in my gut and the excitement in my heart....but excluding Saw It has been one let down after the other. How many versions of "The Ring" and "The Grudge" can we get? It's all the same.....Give me something GOOD HOLLYWOOD!
I need a Tales from the Crypt and Twilight Zone marathon weekend!

1 comment:

Meg said...

I don't know, The Strangers, coming out soon looks good. I liked The Others as well. But I agree, most of the scary movies that have come out, haven't scared me at all.