Friday, April 11, 2008

Increasingly annoying!







A B C D E F G....H I J K L M N ..O....O.....OHHHHHHHH !




Today's letter is the letter O...

Everyday I work with numbers, invoice numbers, order numbers, customer account numbers, fax numbers, phone numbers, part numbers...and no where in those numbers is there a letter O ! But for whatever reason even after my constant corrections to them, my co-workers need to refer to the number zero as O....


Them ~Ang, I need a release please

Me ~ Ok, your order number please?

Them ~ It's 236OHHHH437

Me ~ Try again....
Them ~ 236OHHHH437
Me ~ Try again...
Them ~ I said...236OHHHH437!!!
Me ~ Erm.....there are no O's in the numercal system...TRY AGAIN!
Them ~ 2360437.....
Me ~ Thanks, it's released. :)



I'm not sure why this is becoming an increasingly annoying part of my day but the madness must stop!!!!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Hahha, you are mean.

Unknown said...

Oh my, I can't believe I'm gonna say this.. but you are right!

First, you are right... there is no 'O' in the numerical system. It's never O, but 0. This will change the way I read my credit number over the phone.

Second, you are right... YOU ARE INCREASINGLY ANNOYING!
"try again"!!!!???